The U.S. CENSUS BUREAU is hiring Field Representatives in New Jersey!
Duty Location: If selected you will work out of your home as your duty station and will be required to travel through your Field Supervisory Area (FSA) on a routine basis.
• Explaining purpose of survey; asking questions as worded.
• Using a laptop to record responses and other vital information. Interviewing respondents for data collection purposes.
• Canvasing and Interviewing respondents for data collection purposes.
• U.S. citizenship; valid SSN; driver’s license and insured vehicle (except Manhattan). Desire to work with the public, be self-motivated, and be able to follow detailed instructions.
• Mixed-tour schedule with periods of full-time, part-time, and/or intermittent work to accommodate fluctuating workloads.Compensation:
• $16.25 – $19.44 per hour, plus mileage reimbursement at 57.5 cents per mile.
***Bilingual and Multilingual*** applicants are encouraged to apply!